10/14/16

RXTT Favorite: CHUCK BERRY! Ten Faves

Chuck Berry


On Tuesday, October 18, 2016, my main man Chuck Berry will turn 90 years old.  I have always loved Chuck Berry tunes, ever since, as a little kid, I would play old Chuck Berry 7" singles on people's turntables.   I distinctly remember dancing around with friends from church to My Ding-A-Ling...  Ha!
Chuck Berry is Rock & Roll to me.  As I grew up and listened to more music and read more about musicians, I often heard mention of Chuck Berry as a primal, seminal influence on people.  He was one of the first to combine Soul music, Country music, and Rhythm & Blues music into the fiery, energetic, driving music that became Rock & Roll, and he was most definitely the BEST.  Chuck Berry's music does what the best, the very, very best of music does, and that is to make you feel ALIVE! 

CHUCK BERRY - COME ON


CHUCK BERRY - TOO MUCH MONKEY BUSINESS




CHUCK BERRY - THIRTY DAYS (TO GET BACK HOME)


CHUCK BERRY - YOU CAN'T CATCH ME


CHUCK BERRY - AROUND AND AROUND


CHUCK BERRY - LITTLE QUEENIE


CHUCK BERRY - REELIN' AND ROCKIN'


CHUCK BERRY - NO PARTICULAR PLACE TO GO


CHUCK BERRY - JOHNNY B. GOODE


CHUCK BERRY - NADINE

No comments:

Post a Comment