2/18/20

Ten Favorite Tony Bennett Tracks, to Class Up Your Life

Mr. Tony Bennett himself.


My wife, the ever-lovely Elizabeth, has been a huge Tony Bennett fanatic since she was a young girl and would listen to her dad's records at home.  She exposed me to the deep cuts in the massive Bennett catalog of music, and I was hooked.   We were also fortunate enough to see the master perform with his small Jazz quintet at Jones Hall in downtown Houston some years ago.  That was an amazing show.  Here are ten of my favorite Tony Bennett tracks for your pleasure.

I WANNA BE AROUND

THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT

FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE

IT HAD TO BE YOU

THE SHADOW OF YOUR SMILE

STRANGER IN PARADISE

THE GOOD LIFE

SPEAK LOW

THE VERY THOUGHT OF YOU

FLY ME TO THE MOON





No comments:

Post a Comment