3/5/20

10 Hard-Hitting, Hardcore, Hard-Rhyming Hip Hop Classics

I am not aware of when I first heard Hip Hop music, but I have been alive through its entire history.  I have been fortunate enough to listen to many of the old greats and continue to kick it with the new wave of rappers and Hip Hop.  

Recently I have been listening to a lot of old school Hip Hop on my long commute to and from work, and have been really loving the lyrical and thematic depth of these hard-hitting bangers.

(BTW, just in case you are not aware, Puerto Ricans invented Hip Hop along with African Americans.  We were there from the very beginning in the Bronx and Spanish Harlem.  we helped create Hip Hop culture - graffiti, break-dancing, MC'ing, and DJ'ing, all of it.  Do not let anyone tell you otherwise.)


Public Enemy - Louder than a Bomb




KRS-One - Sound of da Police 




Poor Righteous Teachers - Rock Dis Funky Joint




Gang Starr - Skillz





RUN DMC - Down with the King





Special Ed - I Got It Made





Eric B. & Rakim - Microphone Fiend 





Public Enemy - Shut 'Em Down




Scarface - Never Seen a Man Cry 





RUN DMC - Peter Piper






















No comments:

Post a Comment