6/14/17

RXTT's Top Ten Neil Young Tracks

I do not remember when it was that I actually started to like Neil Young's music. As a youngster I thought everyone associated with his early era, the folk rockers, the Crosby Stills and Nashies of the musical world,  were so fucking boring.  I needed to hear chaos and aggression and most of all energy.  Around my sophomore year in college my friend Barnaby Struve (former VP at Three Floyds Brewery, and currently working at Stigberget in Gothenburg, Sweden) left me in his room chillin' with Neil Young's Harvest Moon playing.  Around the time Neil started singing about a lonely night spent with his dog I was swept up.  I could not believe it.  Since then I have explored Neil Young's records and found so much skronk, so much distorted, angry rock n roll, in equal parts to his soft and wise and funny folk and country tunes. I love hearing the man play guitar. He brings it all Live.


Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Cortez The Killer (Live 2001)


Neil Young - Like a Hurricane (Live 1982)


Neil Young - Harvest Moon (Live 2010)


Neil Young - The Needle & The Damage Done (Live 1971)


Neil Young - On The Beach (Live 1999)


Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Cinnamon Girl (Live 1991)


Neil Young - The Loner (Live 2002)


Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black) (Live 1991)


Neil Young - Ambulance Blues (Live 1998)


Neil Young - Cowgirl In The Sand (Live 1971)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment